Try To Tri Programme
If you’re a beginner; wanting to do your FIRST Triathlon or you’re too scared to join STS because you think you’re not fit enough then our STS Try to Tri Programme is just for you!
Below is more info on the programme. If you decide to join us, please complete the form below.
You can choose between the 16 week programme which starts on the 6th of January 2020 OR the 12 week programme which starts on the 3rd of February 2020. If you are a total beginner we recommend joining the 16 week programme. Both programmes progressively build up to make sure you are confident and ready to take on the WalkerBay Xtreme Sprint Triathlon (600m swim, 23km cycle and 5.6km run) in Hermanus on the 27th of April 2020!
What does the programme consist of?
- Dedicated weekly coached BEGINNER Swim, Bike and Run sessions : You will receive hands- on coaching and train with fellow beginners
- A weekly written training programme : to keep you on track; in case you missed a group session; and additional sessions to do on your own
- Info sessions covering topics like bike set – up; injury prevention; nutrition; etc
- Tech classes: basic bike mechanics ; running shoes; wetsuits etc
- Bike Skills session with Specialized Bicycles Skills Coaches
- Access to all other STS Coached Training Sessions
- Dedicated STS Try2Tri Whatsapp group for any questions you might have
- Big discounts on STS Sponsors products (pretty much anything Triathlon related ) such as PUMA, Suunto, Speedo, etc
- R750 per month for students and R880 per month for non-students. (3 or 4 months: January and/ or February, March and April)
- Joining Fee of R300 which includes an STS Running Shirt (new members only)
- Monday 17:30 RUN, Danie Craven Statue
- Wednesday 06:00 BIKE, Danie Craven Statue (road and mountain bikes welcome)
- Friday SWIM, Paul Roos Pool (heated)
*NB: in addition to these 3 dedicated beginners sessions, you are also welcome to join any of the other STS coached group swim/bike/run/gym sessions in either Stellenbosch or Somerset- West. When squad resumes after the holidays on the 6th of January 2020 there are 3-4 sessions a day to choose from and we cater for all levels, so there really is no excuse!! The weekly training schedule gets uploaded to our website every Sunday evening, click here to view the schedule.
- The first 15 athletes to sign up will receive an awesome goodie bag!
More info will be communicated through the STS Try2Tri Whatsapp group.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Try to Tri Target Event:
Walker Bay Extreme – 27 April 2020 – Hermanus – Entries
Please contact us for discount coupons.